Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 F200 Shutdown whille running

First time user here.
    Yesterday I was underway when the port motor just shutdown. I have a 2003 Gulfstream with two 2019 Yamaha F200's with 70 hours on. New start switches and gauges were installed when repower was done in 2019. Batteries were 12.8V on the 2 banks. I tried to restart the motor, noticed the port gauge was off as well. Tilt was inoperable, although the independent tilt switch is working on starboard motor. I have 12V at starter. it appears that the fuses on the port motor look good, I am going to remove them/check them today. Trying to narrow down what is wrong, including possibly port key switch. The fact that the gauge is off (doesn't display anything) is stranger.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Len

I would check all battery connections pos and neg including battery switches

Comment

Thanks.
      Checked fuses at eng and found that the one labeled 'Main Switch' popped. I replaced it with the spare 20amp in eng and all works (gauge and motor). Still dont know why it popped but at least I can get the motor working. Off to get another spare.

Comment

Still need to figure out what caused the fuse to pop. Will start at the engine end of the wiring harness and work through to the gauge and key panel. Sounds easier than done. Thanks for the help so far.

Comment

It may well pop again. Hmmmmm

Comment

Working...
          X