Two Stroke 50 TLR Yamaha - No Spark In cylinder 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Stroke 50 TLR Yamaha - No Spark In cylinder 2

Hello and thanks in advance for your advice.

When taking the boat out the other day, I noticed the motor was bogging down quite and bit under load, and eventually I noticed a severe drop in power. I come to find out that it's only running on two cylinders. I test all three and I come to the conclusion that I'm not getting any sort of spark in cylinder 2.

Changed spark plug, changed coil, moved working coil to cylinder 2, and it's still not firing up a spark.

I cannot seem to figure out what the heck is going on. Cylinder 2 will not get a spark to save my life. Are there any thoughts as to what I should test next?

My C40TLRX has 3 pulser coils that tell the CDI when to fire the plugs.
    since you are the only one that knows what motor you have, looking at your service manual for specs and getting peak voltage reading into and out of the CDI would be a good idea

Comment

I’m in a similar situation. Have a 2003 50TLR. 2 of my coils failed and I think they might have jeopardized the plugs so I replaced the coils and plugs. I think I still have an issue with one of them as 99yam40 has been by my side through most of my issues. I have a timing light in the mail as we speak that I plan on hooking up to see if all the sparks are firing consistently and I bet my timing is off too, somehow

Two things:
      what was your RPM max at WOT
      how did you test for spark to find out #2 wasn’t firing?

Comment

Working...
      X