Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help in checking Trim sender - Part # 69J-83672-11-00 for a 250 SHO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in checking Trim sender - Part # 69J-83672-11-00 for a 250 SHO?

Does anyone have the specs on what the resistance limits are to check the a Trim sender - part # 69J-83672-11-00 for a 250 SHO. I am reading 300 ohms when down and 1600 ohms in the up position(when moving from the down to the up position it does change gradually) . I had called yamaha and they did not have any info for me. Is my Trim Sender bad?

Current problem is when trimmed down, gauge is shows it down but as soon as i start to tilt up gauge reads it is all the way up with the top bar blinking. All connections have been checked at gauge and seem to be good.

I hate to by a new trim sender and it not be the problem.

Help & Thanks
    Jagfan23

sender resistance be ~ 300 ohms when the engine is fully up
    (the arm has been fully retracted by the spring)
    and ~10 ohms when the engine is down
    (the sender arm is swung fully against its spring)

that said, I'm puzzled by "when trimmed down, gauge shows it down "

Comment

Fairdeal, Thanks for the quick response, I am going to order the sender then. I was puzzled to, on the trimmed down part as well. Originally on the water it showed all up, when the motor was all the way down. When I started trouble shooting then the indication changed. I will post to let you know if fixed. Thank You

Comment

Fair Deal, Finally after awaiting my Trim Sender which was back ordered until 9/1/21. I installed it this morning and everything is working fine. Thank You.

FYI, using my old analog Multi-meter, The old Trim sender's resistance reading was 1200 ohms all the way up and 2 ohms when retracted. I can't say it was fun replacing it, took me about 2 1/2 hours. You need to small hands.

Thank You again.

Comment

Working...
        X