adding trim gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding trim gauge

hey guys I'm brand new to this site and have a question. I just bought a 2003 alumacraft tournament sport with a yamaha 150 hpdi. Love the rig so far, but I would like to add a trim gauge. Can anyone walk me through the process of installation? I'm no mechanical whiz, but not an egghead either. Is this a job I can do myself, or should I seek out a professional? The gauge I have ordered is a Faria, to match the ones already there.
    I asked this ? on another forum that I ran accross, and I got 4 responses that questioned why I needed a trim gauge. Not quite the response I'm looking for.
    Thanks for any info you can provide.

If the 150HPDI is a 2003 model then the Faria gauge will work but you will need a wire harness(part number 68F-82553-70-00) to connect the trim sender on motor to gauge. You will only need 2 of the wires that are in the 68F-82553-70-00 Trim/Oil harness to operate the trim gauge but it is the only harness available. Connect the pink wire in trim/oil harness to sender post on Faria gauge and black wire in trim/oil harness to ground post on gauge, connect ground wire from key switch or other gauges to ground post on trim gauge also then connect the key on power lead( either purple or yellow) from key switch or other gauges to ign or bat post on trim gauge.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks Boats for the info., and thanks for not questioning my need for a trim gauge. I'm following every thing you said, except for the part about the trim sendor on the motor. Can you tell me what I'm looking for, and where I might find it on the motor?
      Again, Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X