Remote Starter Hookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Starter Hookup

Just getting to know my new to me twin 200 sx66's Saltwater Series - both 2000's. Searched the forum & YouTube but couldn't find anything definitive. Can someone describe where I make the connections for a remote starter hookup? Got compression & spark to test. That's a lot of climbing in and out.
    Also - what's a good source for a service manual? Thanks

on the starboard side is a plastic cover over the electrical parts

behind that is the starting relay - this:

(there will be rubber boots over the two big wire lugs)

you can either connect a switch across those two big lugs

or - lower amperage -

find the end of that small brown wire,
    and apply 12V+ to it

Comment

Thanks Mr. Fairdeal - I'll look for the low amperage lead since I already melted my first starter button. Is the relay actually behind the black covered box or off to the upper left side tucked under several wires?

Comment

remove the larger cover that is to the left of the smaller "FUSE" cover:

The starter relay is behind:

Comment

What is your switch rated for? You can also provide battery power directly to the starter motor if more convenient.

Comment

well he did say he melted one already, so not rated for full starter current

Comment

Back in the day we would jumper with the shank of a screw driver.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                Back in the day we would jumper with the shank of a screw driver.
                or a pliers, but there was usually some arcing involved

Comment

Try SIM Yamaha and get an actual Yamaha factory service manual or you can try Yamaha directly for print and PDF versions. I bought a third-party manual for my F90TLR and it was useless. Also had a wirng diagram you could not read and that was missing a key to the wires. Good luck.

Comment

Gents: thanks for all the feedback on my first venture into Yamaha engines. Easy enough once you know where to hook up. Price for parts being what they are, better to ask first, then shoot. I have a Yamaha service manual on order. Even then I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions bringing my 2 ox66's back to life. Suggestions cheerfully accepted.

Comment

I used to start my Ford 351 powered Center Console with a screwdriver all the time. Could NEVER figure out what was wrong with that starter system. Replaced damn near everything, twice yet it would still GMS on occasion. Always started instantly when Stanley got involved.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X