2002 60 hp 2 stroke acceleration issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 60 hp 2 stroke acceleration issue

if i start the engine and at idle and go to accelerate the engine bogges down then after a minite it will get a shot of fuel and come up to speed, i have rebuilt the carbs and they did not look to bad to start. Could there be a problem with the prime start system

jmcguire,
    Does sound like a fuel starvation problem.
    I would not suspect the prime start - it comes into play for starting only, I believe.
    First, check fuel filter - clean/replace element.
    Next - could be bad fuel pump - when the motor boggs down, try squeezing the primer bulb (need two persons for this) - if this makes a difference, then suspect bad fuel pump.
    If squeezing bulb makes no difference, then could be restriction from there back to the tank.
    If there is an anti-siphon valve on the output connection, remove and clean/replace.
    Remove the fuel pick-up tube and inspect - should be a screen there - clean/replace.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Thanks, i had feeling the fuel pump may be the issue, i did run the engine off of a portable tank to eliminate the onboard fuel tank. i am going to do some fuel pump testing this weekend.

Comment

Working...
      X