2005 HPDI 250 - VZ250TLRD Intake Silencer Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 HPDI 250 - VZ250TLRD Intake Silencer Install

I bought a used boat and found that the intake air silencer had been removed. A couple people have told me it would be okay to run it without it, but it creates a mess due to oil spilling out of the intake. I ordered a new silencer and associated bolts, seal, and hose. It appears simple to install except that I can't figure out where the hose(s) go. Attached are two pictures. The first is of the silencer itself. There appear to be two locations for a hose to connect, yet when ordering it was only recommended to purchase one hose. Do I need an additional hose? And where do I pipe the hose(s) to? The second picture is from the bottom starboard side of the intake. There is one hose that is piped to nothing. Did the previous owner possibly cut this when removing the silencer and this is where I need to connect or is this possibly some sort of vent? It has also concerned me if the previous owner made some sort of modification as I can't figure out why the silencer would have been removed in the first place. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you!

silencer.jpg
    intake2.jpg

Your is slightly different than mine but based on the parts diagram looks like the top connection on the silencer runs to your oil overflow on the reservoir and the bottom to your intake that you show "cut".......I dunno just based on what I can see. Check out the SimYamaha site and look up the intake and oil tank parts.

Comment

Working...
    X