No announcement yet.

B90 Lower Oil Crankshaft Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I would share this. The O-ring on the seal housing is pretty degraded.

Comment

Follow up on Seal Replacement. Overall job went well, Only broke 3 bolts off. Long story, short. I took the boat out last night, checked #3 cyl. today, Plug is wet and milky. I still have water intrusion. The damage on the lower seal made me feel comfortable that was the problem. Oh well, Powerhead comes off again. How do you pressure test the system to check for erosion or holes in unseen areas. Any other thoughts, show no steam or smoke on the muffs. Only when the boat is in the water. thanks for the feedback.

Comment

I would think a leak down test would show if here was a problem in the combustion chamber
        probably not in the exhaust tho

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll try that next.

Comment

I try to do as much research and footwork before asking more questions. I wasn't able to borrow a leak down tester locally, so I had to order one. Should be here today or tomorrow. But in my research, if my water problem in the cylinder is not the seal, head, or block, the only other thing I read was it could be the inner exhaust plate and/or gaskets also described as a divider plate, or the exhaust manifold gasket, or cracked exhaust manifold. The motors do sit low, and in choppy water get a lot of water splashing up to the cowling. I'm just trying to get a idea of anything else before I do the leak down test. If I have to pull the exhaust covers I'm pretty sure I will end up with at least 4 broken bolts as I attempted to remove it in my initial inspection. I just hate broken bolts, especially if they are in the block. Thanks Guys.

Comment

Working...
            X