F225tura loss of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225tura loss of power

Motor starts fine ,idles fine , ran ok for about five minutes ,now will not turn up, running rough at anything more than 1200-1400 rpm , pull it back to idle, all is good. Any ideas , thanks eric

Fuel restriction..Fuel injector ?

Comment

typically, fuel nasties.

Comment

Whats your under cowl fuel filter look like? Water/ any crap?

Drain the VST (part #7) and catch (I use a CLEAN tuna fish can) what comes out likely crap in there;

2006 and Later F225TUR Yamaha Outboard FUEL INJECTION PUMP 1 Diagram and Parts
        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-13-2015, 10:14 PM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

v s t filter 80% clogged , that made a difference !

Comment

Congrates on finding it..
            Scott

Comment

Ran the boat for some time today, much much better, but still acts like it is starving for fuel when put on the " pin", push up to 4000 rpm, everything is good, push it all the way and it will not turn up to 5000, any more suggestions? Thank you everyone for your help

Comment

My F150 did something similar as that awhile ago (hadn't been out in awhile) but I run Yamaha's "Ring Free", a fuel system cleaner. (and a stabilizer K100-which helps elimnate water in the fuel)

RPMs slowed some and it bogged down to 5k. Normally, trimmed out, 5900.

I snuck it up slow to full throttle and on the third try, went to full throttle and has run fine since.

I suspect just sitting crap starting building up in the fuel system and it got blown out with the help of the the "RingFree". Highly recommended.

You may very well have more crap causing the issue but the RingFree certainly can't hurt anything. I've ran it at 3X in other engines with running problems W/O problems. IMO, I'd run a heavy dose first and try to sneak it up to full throttle.
                Scott

Comment

Working...
                X