225 OX66 No spark and high idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 225 OX66 No spark and high idle

I've done quite a bit of reading and haven't been able to diag my problem yet. Motor is a 2001 SX225 (cant read the last part of the model # on the tag). It has a high idle and no fire on #5 at cranking or any rpm. I also have spark on #2 all the time. Haven't checked timing yet but I assume its gonna show to be at 7* BTDC since I have the high idle and fire on #2. I do not have a DVA adapter yet or a service manual. I have swapped ignition coils between 3 and 5 and the ignition coil and plug wire show to be good. I tested the pulser coil and found 2 pins to show 0hms so I thought I found the issue. Swapped it with a used pulser that Ohm tested good and still have the same issue. From what I can read the high idle will probably be a sensor and unless I'm not understanding the system won't be the cause of #5 not firing. Is Ohm testing the pulser sufficient? considering I also swapped it with a "known good" used one? What should I test next?

Also I have a 2003 SX200 that I can swap parts for trouble shooting if they use the same CDI

Comment

OMG !! This one takes the cake. LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
        OMG !! This one takes the cake. LoL
        Takes what cake?

Comment

don't mind him, he just drops in from time to time do make remarks.
          some times he actually helps someone
          but not very often as he should.

I am of no help on your motor, but CDI electronics on line has some troubleshooting info.

In my opinion, Reading peak voltages into and out of CDI is better that ohm readings if this motor is a CDI ignition

Comment

I figured peak voltage would be better wasn’t sure if ohms was ok since I have zero spark to #5. I can’t find info on how the motor actually turns off 2 & 5 so I’m not sure if I need to look somewhere other than my pulser or cdi/ecm.

Comment

you need to find out if this motor is CDI or has an ECU.
              service manuals are well worth the money when troubleshooting

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                you need to find out if this motor is CDI or has an ECU.
                service manuals are well worth the money when troubleshooting
                Thought the cdi/ecu was one module on the 2001 ox66 225? No doubt on the manual but it hasn’t made it here yet ans trying to figure it out ASAP

Comment

if this motor has an ECU I do not think it would be a CDI ignition system.
                  but I know little about these
                  Last edited by 99yam40; 08-07-2021, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X