Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F115AET stuttering at high revs

Hi everyone
    I have just installed a 2006 115 and it runs well at low revs (below 3000) but anything higher it starts to stutter (nine times out of ten but not all the time). Any ideas from looking at this video?
    thanks in advance
    Watch "Yamaha F115AET stuttering " on Streamable.

Whist no response has been received I will provide some updates. I have since changed the thermostat, plugs, injectors, fuel filter, water filter and it runs a little better but still rough. It seems to also stall when you pull it back down into neutral too quickly. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comment

If your winding that up to 3K on open back pressure and no load......U should NOT be on the water anywhere near me !!!

Comment

Looks like Keith was up late last night.

Wavyseal, I would make sure rail pressure stays in spec at higher RPM and the problem shows up.
        as far as stalling when pulled back to idle goes, make sure the IAC valve is functioning properly.
        It controls the air flow and speed at idle, make sure rail pressure is in spec then also.
        the ECU does not know if rail pressure is in spec, it just assumes it is

Comment

Thank you 99yam I will check today

Comment

You did not mention if you pulled the VST apart to inspect and clean , what about that filter also

Comment

Working...
            X