1993 130TXRR tach and carb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 130TXRR tach and carb question

I have a1993 130TXXR that I have a couple question on please.

1. from reading other post in this site if I have a digital tach and all 3 oil lights are constantly blinking that simply tells me that there is a wiring issue between remote tank and tach correct? When the key is turned on are they suppose to all 3 blink for a short time and then go to the correct light only? I started seeing this at the same time that I noticed motor was not transferring oil from remote tank to engine tank once it dropped low enough to trigger transfer. Manuel transfer switch works and it fill engine tank. I assume I need to correct blinking lights before worrying about transfer issue correct?

2. Also this the last time I used boat it started fine and ran fine. Once I pulled it back down to idle it was running very rough. Sounded like starving for fuel. I could give it a little throttle and it would hesitate and finally get going and run with no problem. when pulled down again it would do same thing. When it was hesitating to try to go I could give it a shot with the electric choke and it would then start to run on all cylinders for a second or 2 and then go back to missing and needing fuel. I am assuming something is in one of the carbs and I plan on a rebuild this weekend. My question is does this sound like a problem with any particular part or jet that I can keep an eye open for? It seems to be that any obstruction in jet or carb might let it idle but give me problems when the engine needed more fuel. Is it possible that at higher RPMs the fuel pump is pushing fuel more forceful and making it past any blockage in carb that at low RPMs might be causing problems.

thanks....

Originally posted by GLS062866 View Post
    I have a1993 130TXXR that I have a couple question on please.

2. Also this the last time I used boat it started fine and ran fine. Once I pulled it back down to idle it was running very rough. Sounded like starving for fuel. I could give it a little throttle and it would hesitate and finally get going and run with no problem. when pulled down again it would do same thing. When it was hesitating to try to go I could give it a shot with the electric choke and it would then start to run on all cylinders for a second or 2 and then go back to missing and needing fuel. I am assuming something is in one of the carbs and I plan on a rebuild this weekend. My question is does this sound like a problem with any particular part or jet that I can keep an eye open for? It seems to be that any obstruction in jet or carb might let it idle but give me problems when the engine needed more fuel. Is it possible that at higher RPMs the fuel pump is pushing fuel more forceful and making it past any blockage in carb that at low RPMs might be causing problems.

thanks....
    Bolded sounds like you found the clue which are very likely, clogged low speed jets. Choking, giving a richer mixture, lets the engine run correctly.

All jets should be cleaned as well as the carb bodies while your in there.

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...xrr/carburetor

Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
    X