X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 225 Turd frustration

225Turd frustration

Hi fellow boaters,
    Have what I believed to be a fuel delivery problem which has been intermittent for a couple of seasons now.(50hours)
    Engine bogs at 3000 rpm and sometimes when ball is squeezed revs up again?(other times no change)others times start up and up 5200 rpm without problem for short runs.
    some insight to what I have tried pulled and cleaned VST (looked spotless) change f filter and water separator (10micron),filter before lp pump,primer bulb, low pressure pump checked line from tank to water separator and loosen check ball in anti siphon valve. Pulled line after LP pump and filled a 2 gallon gas can in no time.
    looked at several blogs with the same engines and problems but never is there confirmed fixes.
    Please lend a hand and I will post what the final fix is.
    Thanks

Similar problem with OX66's ... turned out to be low pressure pumps....

Comment

Thanks for the reply,
      fresh pump 10 gallons ago.

Comment

Any ideas??

Comment

Have you checked fuel rail pressure when issue occurs?

Comment

Thanks for your reply (pstephens46)
            Have a pressure testing kit coming. It should arrive this week. What are you thinking of possibilities, the regulator?

Comment

Rail pressure is 40 psi

Comment

Originally posted by Crazydays View Post
                Rail pressure is 40 psi
                is it 40 when the problem is happening?

Comment

This is idle pressure, I will run under load tomorrow. I also interfaced with YDS software which i just received and it has a shift cutoff code.
                  That could be the problem perhaps. Correct me if I'm wrong this code would cause the engine to 4 cylinders ?

Comment

H.P Fuel pressure 40psi @idle and 45psi when the engine power loss occurs and holds that psi.
                    Should the Yamaha filter/housing before the Low pressure pump be completely full at all times?
                    Running this housing is 1” from the top and my primer bulb is soft.

Comment

Search for oldmanmako posts...he had a couple of those TURDS with fuel troubles.

Comment

H.P Fuel pressure 40psi @idle and 45psi when the engine power loss occurs and holds that psi.
                        Should the Yamaha filter/housing before the Low pressure pump be completely full at all times?
                        Running this housing is 1” from the top and my primer bulb is soft.
                        No. That fuel
                        level is normal in that clear filter. Old Mako and Fairdeal can weigh in if they still visit. Good to see Panasonic.

Have you done anything with the injectors yet?
                        Last edited by pstephens46; 08-17-2021, 08:49 PM.

Comment

No I’m going to put plugs in and then pull injectors injectors. Can they be cleaned while in the engine without hurting it?
                          Are you thinking incomplete burn because of bad spray pattern?

Comment

No I’m going to put plugs in and then pull injectors injectors. Can they be cleaned while in the engine without hurting it?
                            Are you thinking incomplete burn because of bad spray pattern?
                            Well, they are part of the fuel system that haven’t been examined yet. I thought plugs were already addressed? So squeezing the ball helps how often? Has it helped recently? We may be chasing rabbits.
                            Last edited by pstephens46; 08-18-2021, 06:47 AM.

Comment

The primer bulb the last couple of times no difference. Also I can maintain 4400 rpm consistently. Your right about the rabbits. The shift cutoff micro switch was part of the problem knocking out 2 cylinders. I adjusted it and it ran better.

Comment

Working...
                              X