Yamaha OX66 HP Fuel Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha OX66 HP Fuel Pump

My 2000 Yamaha OX66 250 HP Fuel pump will not cycle on when Key on. I have confirmed 12v to the main relay, and to the pump. However, when I turn key ON, pump will not energize. Suggestions for additional troubleshooting.

Originally posted by jfbetz01 View Post
    My 2000 Yamaha OX66 250 HP Fuel pump will not cycle on when Key on. I have confirmed 12v to the main relay, and to the pump. However, when I turn key ON, pump will not energize. Suggestions for additional troubleshooting.
    If you have 12V at the pump and it doesn't turn on, sounds like it's failed.
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

I thought ecu completes the negative side to turn on pumps.

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post

If you have 12V at the pump and it doesn't turn on, sounds like it's failed.
        Well, yes, that was my 1st thought. But it had been working prior to June before I pulled the boat to replace the fuel tank. Boat has sat for 6 weeks. When I went to restart this past weekend with new tank, no pressure from HP pump. I actually had a spare (actually 2 spares). So I swapped out with one of the spares. Still no cycle on at key start. I figured the odds of 2 pumps being bad were very remote, when both had been known to be working prior. So, thought I'd post here to see if I was overlooking something. After dinner I figured I'd swap out to my 2nd spare..that was on a running spare motor I have. And that one works. So, there you have it. Should be good to go...

Comment

Working...
        X