Measure fuel pressure on F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measure fuel pressure on F150

Does anyone here know how to measure fuel pressure on a 2015 F150D? After a total break down and rebuild I would like to make sure that the fuel pressure is within specifications. The only service manual I have found online says to remove a cap from the fuel rail and connect a pressure gauge. Sounds easy but my motor does not have a cap on the fuel rail. I guess Yamaha changed something in the later engine revisions.

Thanks!
    Erik

What is the serial number of the motor?

What is your hard copy specific to your motor service manual saying about measuring the fuel pressure?
    Last edited by boscoe99; 07-26-2021, 07:27 AM.

Comment

I doubt I have the right service manual. It was the best I could find online at the time. Do you know how to get the correct one?

IMG_20200827_125139 (Small).jpg

/Erik

Comment

Your Yamaha dealer can get you a copy of the applicable service manual. One page of which is attached below.

Comment

That page is identical to the one I have. The problem is that the "cap" that the manual refers to is not available on my motor. I cannot find a connection point for a pressure gauge. But I will speak to a Yamaha dealer and see what I can find out.

Thanks!
          Erik

Comment

I would be interested to see the other bracket label, with the date of manufacture;
            since I get "no hit" on that PID # in the USA parts listing,
            I'm guessing it was not sold in the USA

in any case, it appears to me,
            beginning with January 2015 production of the USA F150B,
            the fuel rail changed from metal, with integral Schrader
            to plastic,
            which requires an adapter (YB-06942 ?) to attach a pressure gauge.

Comment

Your are right, its sold in Europe (Sorry, I should have mentioned that from the beginning). The fuel rail is indeed plastic so I guess I need the adapter.

Thank you!
              /Erik

Comment

If Yamaha US has updated their latest F150 manual damn if I can find it. This was taken from an I4 F175 manual.

Comment

Working...
                X