Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid 90's LCD Multi meter

Hi
    I have a mid 90's lcd Multie meter shows engine trim tacho oild and i suspect heat temp
    does anyone have a manual for this, mine came with the boat and has just started playing up (I think) it's on a 150 precision mix that has been converted to pre mix!! the alarm keeps sounding and the arrow indicates to the bottom left of the screen is this a temp sensor or empty oil resevoire (no longer present) only comes on at around 4000 and causes the engine to drop it's revs.
    any help greatly appreciated
    Thanks Andy

The earlier tach only had the oil level lights on it, the temp light was on the speedometer. Check the oil level in engine oil tank, if at the lower line on tank it will signal the alarm and activate light on gauge.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok the plot thickens.
      As i said the engine has been converted to pre mix i tried disconecting the oil resevoir sensor. No Joy
      then i reconected the sensor and put it in the empty position wich activated a single tone.
      the tone i'm getting when i try to accelerate is a 2 tone warning and the arrow points to the bottom left of the display which is a white empty circle logo.
      any help greatly appreciated.
      prior to this the egine has been great serviced regularily had a new impellor and lower unit service done about 3 months ago.

Comment

does the sensor show all levels when simulating?

Comment

Hi
          Yes it does scroll though a self test
          however and the plot thickens yet more
          i cut the oil tank sensor off trying to short out the system to make it appear that the none existant tank was full
          i discovered that the wire that sets off the alarm has suffered some burning as the wires are all black in comparrison to the other 4.
          now as i don't have an ol tank is there a way of disabling the entire oil tank sensor. I've tried unplugging it before the main control box be**** the heads with no change
          i've got the wiring diagram and was thinking if i cut the wires that run from the control box to the multi meter that are identified as oil tank sensor wires would this work. or do i have to isolate the control box. if so i haven't go a clue how how i achieve this or should i just buy a new sensor and cable tie it back in place .
          help and advice greatly appreciated
          Andy

Comment

Working...
          X