No announcement yet.

F115 losing power after about 3 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dennis, OK. I'll rephrase my post to I have never seen or heard of a fuel electric shut off in gas systems (non diesel) in any smaller size vessel. And at 61 and been playing with boats since age 10 or so.. But, would to sea a photo of a manufacturer installed said valve. But As I have to correct boats owners all the time that boat builders are not Fuel, Electrical, battery, propulsion experts. They are fiberglass,wood, aluminum pro's hopefully. I hear from customers all the time that it's factory. So it has to be correct.. Sadly not always True. What U might have seen in a fuel system could very well be a FLO SCAN unit. Thanks for your alsome posts.. BTW I love the oxys. Good motors

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
      Hi Dennis, OK. I'll rephrase my post to I have never seen or heard of a fuel electric shut off in gas systems (non diesel) in any smaller size vessel. And at 61 and been playing with boats since age 10 or so.. But, would to sea a photo of a manufacturer installed said valve. But As I have to correct boats owners all the time that boat builders are not Fuel, Electrical, battery, propulsion experts. They are fiberglass,wood, aluminum pro's hopefully. I hear from customers all the time that it's factory. So it has to be correct.. Sadly not always True. What U might have seen in a fuel system could very well be a FLO SCAN unit. Thanks for your alsome posts.. BTW I love the oxys. Good motors
      Morning, Keith. I understand what you mean about "it's factory, it has to be correct". But I can tell you, 100%, that electric fuel valves are in use, even with smaller gas-powered boats. Seen it hundreds of times. I also know what a flo scan is... and also "water in fuel" sensors... along with a few other things as I work in the marine business.

Yeah, these OX66's are pretty nice engines. May not be the quietest (heck, they're certainly NOT!) and the not the best on fuel. But they're darned reliable. Although, I can run in the 26-30 mph range and still only be burning about 9 - 11 gph. Not too shabby. This is on a 24' Grady - so a pretty good size for the single 250HP I have.
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Well ?????

Comment

I wrote back two days ago, but it looks like my post is not showing. It's listed as "unapproved" for some reason? So, I'mjust going to copy and past what I wrote...

Morning, Keith. I understand what you mean about "it's factory, it has to be correct". But I can tell you, 100%, that electric fuel valves are in use, even with smaller gas-powered boats. Seen it hundreds of times. I also know what a flo scan is... and also "water in fuel" sensors... along with a few other things as I work in the marine business.

Yeah, these OX66's are pretty nice engines. May not be the quietest (heck, they're certainly NOT!) and the not the best on fuel. But they're darned reliable. Although, I can run in the 26-30 mph range and still only be burning about 9 - 11 gph. Not too shabby. This is on a 24' Grady - so a pretty good size for the single 250HP I have.
          2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
          1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Hi, Dennis did you recently have a b-day. Maybe like the DMV, every 4 yrs on your b-day your no longer valid to post.. I luv to sea part number or pic. I myself have just never seen one. I'm not saying they don't exist. Can you steer me to a brand or model ? Myself in the marine biz many YRs. Mechanic specializing in fuel injection and electrical. But I do it all. Thats why they call it work. Oxxys are tough. I maintain a pair of 250 OX on a SAR Boston 28 conquest which is a heavy girl. In my absence one winter while I was in Baja Mex. A lousy tech RnR w/p and messed up and they melted a piston. So I replaced it (1) and the vessel is out on patrol every Sunday 6 YRs later. Thanks for your time. K&T

Comment

Working...
            X