• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent
    valuable information

Thank you, boscoe99

Comment

Removed the power block and yes the shaft is grooved but also oil seal is nipped.Will need the to fit the collar.
      With regards to the corrosion issue that everybody is nagging about all is fine and no corrosion at all.
      Tks for your help.

Comment

Is this a motor used exclusively/mostly in freshwater?

Are you going to do the repair yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptSolo
          Could be a gasoline leak too. Take the cowling off and sniff/check around. Might want to read some problems I had with my F225s. Just saying.. http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...tml#post107640
          He already pulled the power head and found the bad seal..
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Mr. Banozz;

Any way you could post some pictures along the way?

Comment

and whats funny, no one ever simply took a flashlight, looked at the stupid shaft where it EXITS the pump.
              is it wet or dry?

this troubleshooting crap would be easier sometimes without the net.

if you come in my shop and give me net advice, I send you to the net.
              its that simple.\

Comment

Removed my self. Fairly straight forward job. If i had all the pump seals and gaskets would have put it together in a few hrs.
                Oil pump screws were jammed so needed some spot welds to remove.

You can see that oil is leaking with a flash light but the flash light is not going to replace the oil seal.

Will post some pics as still waiting for the seals.

Comment

Only run in salt water and the sleeps in it too.
                  There are 2 seals and two o rings for the pump so unless you remove you will not know which one is actually causing the leak.

Comment

I'm thinking, I looked at the cost of seals etc individually

versus the pump assembly,

and for the difference it didn't seem worth it, to bother overhauling the pump

Comment

Working...
                    X