Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OX66 experts what maintenance things am I missing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX66 experts what maintenance things am I missing.

Twin 2001 150 OX66 on a new to me Glacier Bay. She runs great but I have no maintenance records so I am starting from scratch. she does not have an hour meter but I am assuming the hours are somewhat on the low side based on condition. To the best of my knowledge she has spent her whole life in the northeast (saltwater). Next week she is going to SW Florida. Below is what I have done:
    • spark plugs
    • thermostats
    • impellers
    • Cleaned poppets
    • pressure tested lower units and new oil
    • Cleaned VST and new filter
    • replaced both low pressure fuel pumps in each motor
    • replaced under cowl fuel filter
    • replace fuel water separator in boat
    • New zinc anodes.
    • pulled props and lubed shafts
    • Cleaned O2 sensors
    • Greased zerks
    What am missing?

Sounds pretty complete on your motors….have you checked your trailer tires and wheel bearings?

Comment

yup... hubs and bearings are new. I converted the surge brakes to electric over hydraulic. Originally only had brakes on one axle now on both. Tires are getting old (2010) but once I get to FL the boat will only see the trailer for a couple miles once a year. I have a new spare and might ask a couple buddies if I can borrow a spare for the 1000 mile run south. Would like to have at least two. The boat and trailer wet with gear is about 9,500 pounds

Comment

2010 tires are way too old for me. Especially for a trip that distance and that load. If nothing else, get a couple spares and pack wrenches and floor jack to make life easier when they blow.

Comment

1000 miles on interstate in the hot summer….go ahead and get new tires….tread separation, flats and blow-outs on interstate can be deadly….

Comment

Thanks for the input. Getting new rubber Friday.

Comment

Working...
            X