Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensors

One more question regarding overheating. The Yamaha manual states that a buzzer can be any number of issues. Can you disconnect sensors while the alarm is buzzing to narrow it down? Will the buzzing stop if you disconnect a faulty sensor?

it would be good to post up what motor you are dealing with.
    But I would think the alarm would go away if you disconnect the one causing it on older motors

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkdr220 View Post
      One more question regarding overheating. The Yamaha manual states that a buzzer can be any number of issues. Can you disconnect sensors while the alarm is buzzing to narrow it down? Will the buzzing stop if you disconnect a faulty sensor?

This is the 2010 Yamaha T50TLR ? that

" I just ran the motor and it ran like a champ with a strong tell tail above idle.
      When I put it in idle the tell tail went away and I got an overheat alarm within 5 minutes"

The "tell tale went away" is not a sensor problem

Comment

I did some more cleaning and the tell tail came back. Kind of weak. I ran it until the alarm sounded. Unplugged the sensor and the alarm cleared. Plugged it back in and no alarm. It may be a combination of a clog and bad sensor. I apologize for the multiple posts but 2 mechanics couldn't figure it out. I have seen other posts on this subject without a solution. I will find out when the new sensor arrives if the problem is solved.

Comment

Some 4 stroke motors have over heat switches and sensors,
          and use them for the ECU to decide when to set an alarm.
          RPM and other things come into play also.

the old 2 strokes just used the switch to ground the signal to set the alarm.
          need to find out what your motor needs to do it

Comment

i found some salt deposit behind my sensor it was giving intermittent alams cleaned up problem went away hope this helps

Comment

Working...
            X