Temp light on no alarm no overheat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp light on no alarm no overheat?

I have a 94' 200 that has the temp light on upon startup an remIns on.It is not overheating and there is no buzzer. Buzzer works when temp senor connector is shorted to ground. The tach is the analog type with temp and oil lights.
    I am having some issues with the engine. Slight miss at idle and surging power at 3500 to 4000rpm range but then clears up after 4k rpm. I dont lnow if it is related and I will pro a ly start a new thread on that. But I thought i should mention it.

Any toughts on either issue would be appreciated.

James
    James
    1994 200txrs

I would chase down the wiring that lights up the temp light to see if it is grounded.
    I guess that is how the light gets lit up

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      I would chase down the wiring that lights up the temp light to see if it is grounded.
      I guess that is how the light gets lit up
      That makes a lot of sense and a good place to start. Since the yellow wires that go to the lights are 12v when ignition is on. However If I recall correctly. When you initially start the engine both the oil and temp lights light up momentarily. I am guessing this is sort of a proof that the bulbs and circuit are operational. So does that mean that there is some kind of computer involved in that process? In other words its not as simple as the temp senor heats up and shorts the circuit and directly lights the bulb. But rather it sends a signal to a more complex circuit?
      James
      1994 200txrs

Comment

I think you are correct, but a service manual for your motor should have the wiring diagrams and make things easier

Comment

Working...
        X