Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 25hp 2stroke 2005 Water pump question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for S&G's, look at the parts fisch prior to going into the unit again. Just to make sure an o-ring, etc isn't missing, correctly installed in the housing etc...

You'll find it, no doubt...
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Towns, Exactly what I'm doing while waiting for new housing to arrive. Already did it but if anyone can screw this baby up it's me. So far I'm good (less than 10 separate parts how could I step on my, well you what I'm saying)

Comment

Ta-da !!!!!!

Yamaha part # 6L2-44311-01 ( A140131Y ). It was the pump housing ! The original looks EXACTLY the same. But this time shot water 2' in the air (on test bracket ). No doubts it'll work on motor. But, will find out 30mins.

OK turns out my dad was right again. "You've got it apart, change everything"

Went through notes; I did change it after 100hrs. This one went 200 (housing)

Thank you to all. Anyone get down around Sanibel Is. look me up.
        Born here, obviously not brilliant w/o.b. but know the water (and my boats start).

Thanks again MM

Comment

I've had my days (not often) that anything I touch breaks or does not co-operate when trying to repair it... Luckily its not often and VERY frustrating. I just put the wrenches down and come back later...

Stepping back and coming back fresh often helps..

An o-ring, or something simple like that not exactly in place can cause the low pressure usses....

You'll get it fixed..
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by mark mcconnell View Post
            Yamaha part # 6L2-44311-01 ( A140131Y ). It was the pump housing ! The original looks EXACTLY the same. But this time shot water 2' in the air (on test bracket ). No doubts it'll work on motor. But, will find out 30mins.

OK turns out my dad was right again. "You've got it apart, change everything"

Thank you to all. Anyone get down around Sanibel Is. look me up.

Thanks again MM
            Congrates!!!! Knew you'd find it...

Small world, I fish just inside Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge (Sanibel) and drift north up to the power lines!

Scuba dived years ago off the Edison Bridge Reef as well (about 13 miles off shore of Sanibel), the rail road cars much farther north and bit deeper.

I have a Sanibel "Shell" collection next to my front door that we collected west of the lighthouse! Most of my trips are to Sanibel, occassionally to Ft Myers Beach.

BTW, Walkers Marine, just south of FMB, has/had a Yamaha master tech, and ONLY works on Yamaha's. Highly recommended.
            Scott

Comment

Scott, Ever been to Bailly Mathewes Shell Museum ? Bet you have. My company built the original exhibits. Close w/ R. Tucker Abbot for many years. Remember Elise Malone ? I've shelled from the Lesser Antillies up through Cuba. I recieved the 1st shelling permit from the Cuban gov. issued since 1959. You MUST see Cuba before we screw it up. Next time I'm your way we'll grab lunch. MM

Comment

Oh I've dived the bridge/rail cars/ Gulf/ all my life. Few of us left.

Comment

Its rare I'll "drive" over Sanibel, much faster and nicer by boat too!

I've never been to those places, just kinda liked have some neat looking shells as you come in the house. A real nice place to beach or just achor up and and relax...

Had that one BIG a$$ jew fish (grouper, easily 200lbs) suck a snapper that was barely swimming (verticle actually) while spear gun fishing. I was reaching to grab him, and that grouper came out of nowhere and that snapper was gone!!! Holy crap!!

Someone caught him again, he was on TV tonight...
                  Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X