X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
    at least you will prove it was not the ethanol causing the swelling
    or maybe you have not been buying what you think you have

Anyway if you get it off OK then it should go back even if you have to let it dry for a few days.

I have found that welding alum that has been in saltwater and corroded is not easy to weld. Make sure to find someone that has experience doing it and the correct welding equipment( high frequency machine). good luck
    Oh yea. I ground down around (power sanded, no v cutting yet) both area's to see how far it goes... I guess the old DT 115 and 140's are notorious for the lower units corroding and cracking right where his is. We have a really, really good machine shop/steel/aluminum sales I have an account with.

Monday we'll bring the unit down there and have them look at it. Fixing to look at the shop manual now and see how the LU prop shaft comes out, etc..

I forgot all about the fuel filter. I was out this am and ran the engine on the muffs for a little while and could of checked it then. Its about 90 now and I'm done for the day...
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      Try it and see what happens
      Update, the fuel cup that's on there right now,(06, F150) is from 7-15-2011. I believe (not positive) its been about 3 years since I switched to Non-ethonol fuel.

After removing the retaining nut, the cup came off with some effort (certainly did NOT drop off like new).

Going back on, ahhhh, not really. Again, NOT a slip in..

I put just a smidgon of silcone grease on the edges of the cup, (as it was so close to slipping in), twisted it some and it went in W/O much effort at all.

Prior to that (years ago), it would NOT go in, period...

So it did swell a little bit(maybe 1/3 of prior) but ethonol was likely exposed to it back in 2011, 2012...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
      X