Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Yamaha F40LA Thermostat Change

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have a question regarding the F40LA Thermostat. I have the service manual for my motor and it appears that a bracket with 4 ratcheting clips needs to be removed to access the thermostat. The thermostat housing is tucked behind the bracket and wiring. It looks like the ratcheting clips (4) need to be opened to remove the wires they secure. Then two M6 X 35mm bolts need to be removed to pull out the bracket. However, there is an electrical plug and what looks like a sensor in front of the bracket. Do these need to be unplugged or just kept pugged and moved out of the way when the ratcheting clips are opened?? The thermostat is easy to change and the bolts are M6 x65mm with a two stage torque (4.4/8.6 lb.ft.). I have no idea how to unplug that black sensor. The electrical plug is easy to install. Sorry for all the detail. The service manual has detailed instructions removing the exhaust cover. I will leave that to a trained Yamaha mechanic. But this thermostat is hidden behind all this wiring and bracket. Nothing like my previous motor that was easy to access. Thanks for any suggestions.

I posted a photo of the black sensor and plug in front of the thermostat bracket. I can disconnect the ratcheting clips easily and pull out the wiring. Should the blue electrical plug and black sensor (if it is a sensor) be disconnected as well before removing the bracket in front of the thermostat housing?

Comment

Sorry, the electrical plug and sensor are both black. My mistake.

Comment

Looks like plenty of room once the "ratcheting straps" are opened up and the wires pulled away.

Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

That is what I was thinking. This EFI model has wires everywhere and they are all attached by these ratcheting straps. The older version was much simpler. Seems like they just packed it in. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Working...
          X