2008 200HPDI irregular injector signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 200HPDI irregular injector signal

Hi everyone! new to the forum. A great place for info! I have a 2008 VZ200RTLR with 314 hours on it. I have an irregular injector signal code. I do have the YDS and I have it pin pointed to injector number one. I run the static test on the injectors and all but the #1 injector work (#1 does not pulsate during the static test). I have placed the injector #1 connector to injector #3 and ran the static test again and injector #3 will no work (same results as when connected to #1). I was able to connect the #3 injector connector to #1 and ran the test and it worked as it should. Now the problem is sporadic and it is usually a problem at first start and may last a short while, it would drop in and out at times, then the motors would work fine, both when used on the water or on the hose. When the code pops up the engine runs at higher rpms and I lose power (obviously due to the #1 injector failing). I have done the following service to the motor, some items were done as regular maintenance

1. Replaced all filters including basket filters
    2. replaced L/P pumps
    3. sent my injectors to be cleaned all came back within spec and working
    4. new spark plugs and coils ( prior to YDS purchase, seeing it felt like i was dropping a cylinder)
    5. Swapping the drivers, the problem remained on injector #1
    6. Bought a used ECU and swapped it out with the problem persisting (resold ECU)
    7.checked sync on TB and specs on TPS are good (YDS read out)
    8. checked connectors visually and did take the pins out of the injector connector. Looked fine
    9. continuity on both wires from driver connector to injector connector are good
    10. compression good on all cylinders

I would appreciate any help with this problem! Thanks in advance

What are the wire colours to the number one injector please?\

Orange/red and purple/red?

Comment

Yes! orange/red and purple/red

Comment

If it is not the injector, not the driver and not the ECU, the only thing that I can think of is the wiring. Very difficult to spot an intermittent connectivity issue.

I would revisit a look at the wiring. Easier said than done. And don't forget the junction block that contains the O/R wire.

Maybe this will help.

Comment

I suggest you try some Deoxit D5.. Magic sauce..

Comment

Thank you Boscoe99, I am also thinking its a wiring issue after all the things I have tried. Seeing its intermittent, not happening at any certain point of operation and is isolated to the #1 injector. Thank you for the wiring diagram as it should help chasing O/R and P/R.

Thank you everyone else as well for their input. If anyone else has any other ideas please post! I will also post if I have a resolution!

Comment

The electrical contact cleaner is a hail Mary but it might just work. I would certainly give it a go.

Connect an ohm meter between the terminals shown and then wiggle the wiring around. Trying to duplicate the issue and hopefully pin down its location.

Or run the static test while wiggling wires to see if anything changes.

You disconnecting the injectors and the injector drives might be causing the situation to change as you have reported.

Comment

Working...
              X