Digital vs Analog guages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital vs Analog guages

Trying to decide between a 150 SHO or F150 for my new boat. Can someone please explain the control options to me. Digital or analog, gauges or touch screen? When I go to the Yamaha website it says compatible or not but it doesn't tell you what you get and there seems to be two different F150s based on control selection.
    Thanks in advance.

Motor choices today are the VF150LA, VF150XA, F150LB, F150XB, LF150XB, F150LCA, F150XCA and LF150XCA.

You get what you want to get. And get what will work with the particular chosen model.

Once you decide upon what model motor you want you can then proceed to determine what instrumentation you want.

With the models ending in LCA or XCA (known as Command Link Plus), you have to use a digital throttle and shift control box. The other models use a mechanical throttle and shift control box.

The Command Link Plus models will work with both Command Link Plus instruments and analog instruments. The non Command Link Plus models will only work with analog digital display or analog needle and dial gauges.

Folks want choices. With choices comes confusion.

Comment

Thanks I am getting the idea but I am not 100% clear yet. I looked at the build sheet and it says F150XB or VF150XA so those are analog, right? Do I need to spec the 6YC panel or can I use round gauges? I typically add a nema 2000 network.
      Thanks again for the clarification.

Comment

The F150XB and the VF250XA are compatible with Yamaha multi-function gauges, Yamaha analog gauges and NMEA 2000 displays.

Comment

https://online.flowpaper.com/7c25076...talog1/#page=1

Comment

What is your dealer telling you?

Comment

Thanks for the great information. This is just what I need. The dealers response is what ever you want I’ll get.

Comment

Working...
              X