sx225 ox 66 txry fuel injector power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sx225 ox 66 txry fuel injector power

I have a 2000 Yamaha SX225 TXRY that has set up for a couple of years. Initially I started it and ran clean gas with seafoam through it and it ran fine. I put the boat in the water and slowly powered up but after about 1/4 mile and at about 3000 RPM the engine just slowly powered down and then shut down. I checked and have pressure out of the high pressure fuel pump. I pulled the fuel rail and have fuel through the rail with the injectors out but with the rail removed i couldn't get the fuel to come out of the injectors with them installed in the rail. It makes me think that it is electrical. What do the wires to the fuel injectors control? Could this be why I'm not getting gas through the injectors, The boat fires with starting fluid but otherwise it is starved for gas. How do I check for power there?

since it slowly powered down, I would be checking all filters including the ones in the injectors

Comment

"Slowly powered down" sounds more like loss of fuel than electrical. Usually, an electrical issue causes a shut down more like flipping a switch. How much fuel pressure did you have? Have taken the VST apart and checked the filter for clogging? Was there a normal amount of fuel in the engine's fuel/water sep? How does the fuel look when you drain the VST?
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
      X