No spark 2005 f115TLRD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spark 2005 f115TLRD

Does anyone have a service book on how to test for no spark? How to test CDI or stator?
    anything would help!

That model does not use a CDI assembly. It uses an ECU. Engine Control Unit. Transistorized ignition system. Powered by the battery.

The applicable service manual, available from this website, includes procedures to test for spark. And the stator outputs.

Comment

Thanks , i am working on getting one but going to be days before i get it. Hoping someone might guide me or send me copy of how to address this issue.

Comment

Have you tried cranking the motor with the kill switch lanyard pulled? To see if the warning horn sounds? You want to make sure that the kill switch is working correctly. If the kill switch lanyard is pulled and/or the kill switch circuit grounded, there will be no spark.

There should be two wires going to the ignition coils. One is red/yellow to both coils. The others are black/red to one coil and black/white to the other coil.

Do you have battery voltage on both R/Y wires when the key is turned on? Start there and report back.

Comment

Thanks for reply, I did test kill switch and its good. Hsve not tested coils but will later today, odds of them going bad at same time are slim.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertzoo View Post
            Thanks for reply, I did test kill switch and its good. Hsve not tested coils but will later today, odds of them going bad at same time are slim.
            he did not say to test coils, he said to test voltage to the coils and report back

Comment

All checked out ok, at coils, thanking it the stator by way it was acting, but what's next step. And thank you so much.

Comment

How is it acting other than no spark? What is making you think that the stator is faulty?

Do you have a Yamaha mechanic nearby?

Comment

Last time I used it, it acted liken it was not charging battery, put different one in, started missing like water in gas. Put treatment in it, then just wanted to die then , went dead. I pulled coil packs and I can't get any thing to test, no ohms at all. No ground from leads to coil. So now..do I have two bad coils at same time.?
                  thanks

Comment

Update,,I have spark now.
                    not sure why but my fuel pump will not kick on or prim When turn key on

Comment

Is the fuel pump not running due to lack of battery positive power or is it a lack of a ground from the ECU?

Last edited by boscoe99; 05-29-2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I took the fuel pump off, tested it on my truck batter and would only kick on for few sec when tapping on it!
                        ordered new one , put it on and runs like **it!!
                        went and bought a fuel pressure tester kit and I'm only getting 28 PSI on the fuel rail and if I unplug the vacuum going to the regulator it doesn't change the psi but it runs better. I checked the pressure before the regulator still had only 28 29 PSI.
                        from what I read I should have 40 psi's .
                        I I called complaining the pump was bad and they send me a new one and two days put it on ,same damn thing'

runs bad, no power, ruff idle,
                        I cleaned the screen on fuel pump, put new plugs in
                        my question , when I unplug the vacuum going to the regulator at the top of the fuel rail next to the check fuel pressure post, why does it run better?
                        the PSI is do not change but it runs better
                        what are the odds of two bad pumps, I was told pump puts out 100 psi and regulator controls the pressure

thanks rob
                        Last edited by Robertzoo; 07-05-2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X