• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take your time, you'll find it..
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

OK....This is what I found. I took the cover off and the air box and disclosed the ECM. While the switch was off and the motor running I started to pull and poke around. The bottom set of wires going into the ECM arent loose, but as soon as I touched that connection, the motor stopped. I did it about 10 times and each time it shut off. Even tried the safety switch which worked! So..Before I put it back together, I started the engine and turned off the switch. I tapped on it, nothing happened. I pressed on the center of it and it shut off. It shut off everytime i started it after that. Probably need a new one. Thanks you all for your help.

Comment

Congrates! Not a cheap fix but cheaper than a shop doing it!!!
        Scott

Comment

Chappy

LOL, If you send me your Land Line (phone number) I can save you some big bucks !! On the back of my biz card says "Electrical and Fuel Injection Spe******t" and that's my gig...BTW,,LOL Ive lived in mex 35 winters and have you ever heard of 'El Chappo' ??

Comment

Originally posted by bajakeith View Post
            Ive lived in mex 35 winters and have you ever heard of 'El Chappo' ??

Will Joaquin "El Chappo" Guzman escape from Mexican authorities? - Quora

This you???
            Scott

Comment

No, It's not...I'm in Minnesota. YEAR ROUND! And Loving it! Are you serious? You want my Phone number?

Comment

Found one more thing last weekend....While putting some grease on the conection the resort owner asked to see...So I let him. He found an extremely loose nut on what looks to be a coil. Would that have anything to do with it? The grease I'm sure helps too, But after tightening it, It shuts off everytime including with the safety switch...

Comment

I think you fixed the problem earlier, this would have been another, different issue you'd be posting about.

It doesn't or take long to do a "going over" of the power head for good grounds, loose/tight wires, nuts, bolts, connectors, etc. Just basic maintanance.

There's a bunch of vibrations going on under that cowl. As you saw, there's just one nut stumbled upon.

One headache prevented!!
                  Scott

Comment

f90 won't shut off

Had a systems guy at work look under the hood tonight. Got the motor to not shut off with the key in the off position. And when I told him that I can press in the middle of the ECU,he said...That's your problem. This guy works on all types of engines,so I trust his judgement. With that being said...Does anyone know where I can pick up a used one? A shot in the dark, But there has to be a f90 that's been scrapped. Thanks

Comment

Waas diffinitly the ecu. Put in a used one and works everytime! Leave it to me to have one of the few Yamahas that has a bad ECU! So this now closes this chapter!

Comment

Thanks for the update!!
                        Scott

Comment

Working...
                        X