1987 70hp water temp problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 70hp water temp problem

I posted a previos question about an overtemp problem. One suggestion was to check the PRV. I just received my service manual and it does not show a PRV. It does show a drainless mechanism ( it checks ok ) but I don't believe this has anything to do with water pressure. Where is the PRV on this motor? I'm going to pull the thermostat and water pump out because my pressure has suddenly decreased from the pee hole. I haven't had an alarm recently but the pressure is definately weak. Looking down at the impeller which way should the blades bend?

Jim - I just looked at the diagram for your motor:

http://www.boats.net/yamaha/partsyst...mponent=368640

- and I can't find the PRV either
    My Yamaha manual for my C115 calls it a "pressure control valve" - look around the exhaust plate area and to the side of the head toward the bottom for a rubber hose about the size of your finger in diameter - should go to a small round dome looking thingy metal cap and held in place with a spring clamp.
    Most Yamahas I have seen run clockwise - the driveshaft runs cw looking down on the motor. The paddles of the impeller need to point away from the direction of rotation of the driveshaft.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

I'm not so certian the 3 cylinders have the PRV. After seeing Ken write about the PRV on the V4s and V6s, It was something I wanted to check on my motor. I have a '92 70 hp and have not seen the PRV listed anywhere, in either the Seloc or Yamaha shop manuals or in the parts diagrams. I have also looked for the 90 hp, just to get an idea of where it was in case of a miss-print.

If there is one .... and someone figures out where it is .... I'd like ot know too!!

Ed

Comment

Working...
      X