Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bc545571443 View Post
    The ground Rings out.

If I measure VDC across the R/Y harness lead to the HP pump and a known ground I get an increase from 0V to about .15VDC for the few seconds when I turn the key on.
    If you don't see battery voltage on the R/Y wire to the pump there is the problem.

So, you have voltage at the fuse to the relay. Do you have voltage from the relay? If not, there is the problem. If you have voltage from the relay but not to the engine side connector to the pump, there is the problem.

Comment

Where you should be seeing battery voltage.

Comment

Well. Embarrassingly enough it seems as if it’s the fuel pump. After ringing out the whole fuse box it led me back to the pump and I guess I didn’t have a good ground when testing the plug. Sure enough I have power at the plug and if I try to jump out the HP PUMP... nada.

I pulled the pump motor from the VST and put power directly to it and I sure enough it’s dead.

Motors are 2019 under warranty- is the HP pump a warranty item?

thank you to all of you who helped. When I replace the pump I will follow up and confirm that was the issue.

Comment

Yes. The pump should be covered by warranty. USA anyway.

Thanks for being a man and describing the situation.

Comment

I just wanted to follow up on his that it was in fact a total combo of clogged VST filter, stuck float, and the last issue which was an HP fuel pump.

thanks to all who helped.

Comment

plugged filter and no fuel flowing thru the pump and motor for cooling and lubrication may have damaged the pump/motor

Comment

Working...
              X