1995 yamaha tach and speed wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 yamaha tach and speed wiring help

I'm replacing my current 1995 yamaha 150 2 stroke tach and speed gauges. I bought new gauges and the harnesses on the tach aren't the same.I have only 1ea 4 wire connector coming off the new tach and the old one has 1ea 4wire connector and another 2wire connector w/ 1ea green/white & 1ea. green/red.I can connect the 4 wire with all matching colors but there is nowhere to connect the 2ea green wires.Thanks for all the help I just bought this boat and want to get out in it but these old gauges are unreadable so need to get the new ones working!

sounds like you have the wrong trim/oil warning harness.

Comment

You seem to have a tachometer that was made for 2005 and later Yam motors. Not recommended for use with pre 2000 model Yams because the trim scale will not be functionable.

You really need another tachometer that has two four pin connectors plus some individual wires.

Here are some diagrams for your consideration.

Comment

If the trim scale is the only thing I won't have I'm good with that. Does the green/red and green black wires only deal with trim ?

Comment

[QUOTE=thorned1;105488]If the trim scale is the only thing I won't have I'm good with that. Does the green/red and green black wires only deal with trim ?[

Comment

red/green is low engine oil visual.grn/blk is oil level ok or remote tank level visual.

if the new tach has dip switchs its compatible for the visual indicates. you will need to correctly set the tach switchs for 2 stroke,12 pole alt .

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys!!!! This forum is an incredible help. I ordered a wire harness adapt. from amazon that takes the two connections from the motor and uses jumpers, I guess, to convert to a single 4 wire connection.

Comment

Working...
              X