Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple question on water pump kit... where does this go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple question on water pump kit... where does this go?

71DFfNqaqFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    I am looking at the cylinder shaped seal to the left of the bolts. There was not one on my 1995 P50TLRT motor when I took it off. I suspect it might go on the water pick up tube on the motor side?
    Last edited by 95Whaler; 05-14-2021, 05:44 PM.

Sorry It is a 1995 P50TLRT. I believe this is the PN 663-44366-00-00

Comment

it is the key that goes in the shaft and keeps the impeller spinning with the drive shaft

Comment

It's a woodruff key that goes in a slot on the driveshaft ....this key fits in a key way or slot on the inside of the impeller....you can tap the old key out with a screwdriver and a small hammer....then just tap the new one into the slot...it should be a tight fit...

Comment

I am looking at the cylinder shaped seal to the left of the bolts. There was not one on my 1995 P50TLRT motor when I took it off. I suspect it might go on the water pick up tube on the motor side?[/QUOTE]

__________________________________________________ _______________________

It (the seal) goes on the underside of the main housing, sealing it up.

Part #24 (seal), resides under/in part #21:

Capture.JPG
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks guys, I see it now - the one I am looking at is actually #25 here. (not shown in your drawing for some reason).
            It's the little tube shaped seal that goes under the white plastic piece which snaps into the pump housing. The water pick up tube then mates with that seal after it is guided in with the white plastic part.

https://cdn.crowleymarine.com/yamaha/ioiEXsdu.png

ioiEXsdu.png

Comment

Working...
            X