Yamaha F175 aetl power trim relay problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F175 aetl power trim relay problem

Hi all was just wondering if anyone has had problems relating to the power trim relay as I have a brand new Yamaha F175 with just 20 hours use and this relay has already failed!!!
    any comments are welcome
    Thanks all

Anything can happen to anything at any time. Not a common thing to go wrong, though. But, it is what it is. You're under warranty - so that's good.
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply

Comment

I have twin Yamaha 300 on a 2017 sea fox . When trimmed up the skeg and prop is still under water . How can I adjust to lift higher

Comment

I have twin Yamaha 300 hp on a 2017 sea fox . When fully trimmed up the skeg and 1/2 prop still under water , how can I adjust higher

Comment

Has it always been this way? How long have you owned it? Or is this something new? Is there water in the bilge? What's your gear storage arrangement?
            2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
            1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Jack plates (expensive and more weight) can be used or the height of the motor on the transom can be raised to try and get the lower unit to clear the water.

It is not uncommon for some motors to simply have a portion of their propellers and lower units in the water when the motor is fully tilted up. Just the nature of the beast.

Presumption being that the motor is fully tilting up such that the maintenance locking device can be lowered and used when needed.

Comment

Working...
              X