Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grease points on F70...how much to pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease points on F70...how much to pump?

New F70 owner. Getting ready to do my 20-hour break-in maintenance, which includes "Greasing points."

The owner's manual helpfully shows me the locations of all the points but provides no other comment.

The service manual helpfully says, "Apply water resistant grease to the specified lubrication points."

How much? And how do I know when it's enough?

On my trailer bearings, I've got bearing buddies, so I can get a sense of how full the thing is with the spring loaded indicator on the bearing buddies.

How can I tell on all these grease points on the F70? I don't want to blow a seal somewhere.

Pump grease until you see some old grease come out of the pivot or tilt points.....you can’t over- grease them....wipe off old/excess grease with a rag...

Comment

Ah, ok, Thanks! So they're not like the trailer bearings where you'll blow a seal you don't want blown.

Comment

Originally posted by chartscharts View Post
        Ah, ok, Thanks! So they're not like the trailer bearings where you'll blow a seal you don't want blown.
        Nope, you're good. There's no rubber, press-in seal. Pump till a bit of new stuff squeezes out.
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
        X