Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 C90 Internal Anode location?

1997 C90 TLRV

I picked up this boat/engine recently in upstate SC. The previous owner claimed the boat has been used mostly in freshwater, and from the looks of the engine, I think that's true. Still, I'm trying to do as much maintenance on the engine as I can before I start using the boat regularly. I did a thorough search on the net for internal anodes on the engine, and from what little I gathered, there is only one internal anode, shown here in the exploded parts diagram-

I checked this location on the engine, and I can't seem to find an obvious anode location -

Is it under the head? The diagram isn't too clear, and makes it look like the anode could be next to the head, but ... not sure.

I also found a thread on internal anodes for a 2000' C90 where Ser Rodbolt recommended to leave them alone. I'm thinking the same applies to my 97' C90, but in case I'm wrong, can anyone steer me in the right direction?

YAMAHA Internal Anodes Location C90TLRY Page: 1 - iboats Boating Forums | 385969

Thanks! Great forum

I think you have the correct idea, leave it alone until you have to pull the head, and even then you may not get it out after all these years

Comment

Working...
    X