boat filled with rain water, flooded battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boat filled with rain water, flooded battery

Ugh. Last fall I left my drain plug in. The hull filled with rain water, submerging the battery, with the engine connected. I pulled the battery and left it until this spring. The battery (same one) is charged, the battery charger that has a test feature says the battery is good. I can turn the key and hear a click, but that's it. I need to know where to start with multi-meter to start chasing this down. I have no idea where to begin. It's a 2007 F40 (first year of fuel injection) with a tiller, that I've had since new. Please help me.... This is totally depressing.

I’d be inclined to just go buy a new battery.....especially if the old battery was flood

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
      I’d be inclined to just go buy a new battery.....especially if the old battery was flood
      As I was saying if the old battery filled with rainwater it’s probably toast....

Comment

have the battery load tested, or hook your Voltmeter to the battery and watch as you turn the key to start position to see if the voltage drops.

Move the voltmeter leads around to places on the motor and try the starter again .
        keep moving it and you will eventually find the bad connection.
        could be battery cable itself or just a connector

Comment

Jump it from your car battery to test. What’s the big deal? That battery is toast. Better a sunken battery than a motor.

Comment

Working...
          X