Question for the pros about a 1992 Yamaha MSHQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
    I would think that means there is some problem with the lower one if it is the only one that does not respond.
    Just my opinion
    It’s making me want to pull and clean them even though it’s idling smooth and starting better. Somethings not right with it and it was the worst of the three when I went through them. Just hope I don’t have a problem with that cylinder. Today I noticed some grease inside the wheels so I started a bearing job. Turns out the hubs are pitted from corrosion so I’m waiting on all new hub kits. One of these days I’ll have it all finished and can just do regular maintenance and fish.

Comment

new bearings and races after cleaning up the hubs is only needed,
      why new hubs?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        new bearings and races after cleaning up the hubs is only needed,
        why new hubs?
        Bad corrosion. Full of rust. Bad pitting where the bearings are races where and most of all they were so bad in the rear where the seals go they would have leaked. I had full intentions of cleaning them up. Once I got the races out and they were completely cleaned I noticed the pitting and pieces just gone right where the seals belong. This is the first time I’ve ever had to replace hubs on any of my trailers. Everything maintenance wise on this rig was completed neglected before I got it as a project.

Comment

Working...
        X