No spark and black wire melted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spark and black wire melted.

So I just bought a new to me 2010 g3 pontoon. It has a f115tlr motor on it ans when purchasing and the first time on the water it started right up and we had no issues. On the way back to load up it started acting like it was briefly missing and idled rough but I got it on the trailer. After getting home it wouldn't start at all. I did my research and per the service manual I found I had no spark. I attached a pic of the ignition/kill switch with a melted black -12v wire. It was the only wire melted and I replaced the whole assembly. Now I checked peak voltage from the ecu at the coil packs per the manual and was only getting 500mv vdc. I also visually inspected and ohmed the harnesses out...it was good. From everything I have done I know the ecu needs replaced but am scared I'm missing something and don't want to burn up a $1000 part. I'm very confident using a meter but new to this motor. Any help would be appreciated. Or could the ecu shorting out cause the burnt wire?

something shorted out and should have blown a fuse instead of burning up wires.
    someone will have to look to see how that thing is wired up

Comment

Working...
    X