VDO Gauge Cluster to Analog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDO Gauge Cluster to Analog

Thanks for adding me to your Forum. I have a 2001 Lund Pro V 1900 with a 2001 Yamaha 200 Z200TXRZ. The boat had VDO gauge cluster that never worked right. I decided to change back to analog gauges,
    The old VDO gauges had a 24 pin plug into the gauges. This is where I have cut off and used these wires. I seem to have everything working except the trim gauge. I have very little movement in the gauge and its at full trim when powered on. I have traced the pink wire from the wiring diagrams and used this wire but still nothing.
    Anyone have any advise on what could be my issue?? Anyway to check with a meter to find the correct wire??
    Al Murphy
    Team Grumpy Ol Men
    Ontario Canada

I guess my title should have been Analog trim gauge not working??

Comment

might say what gauge you have that is not working for just the trim part of gauge on your motor.
      maybe that will get some kind of response
      you did good giving motor info but not the gauge
      could start a new one and let this one die if no one responds

Comment

What brand/model of trim gauge? Compatible with a 2001 and earlier model Yamaha?

Your motor uses a three wire sender. Needs a five volt reference for electrical power. Usually provided by a Yamaha tachometer. Some times provided by a Yamaha trim gauge.
        Last edited by boscoe99; 04-25-2021, 08:03 PM.

Comment

The new Trim gauge is a Sierra Part# 105-57905 Yamaha 2001 and up. I exchanged the first gauge (same part#) because I thought it was the gauge.

Comment

after market gauge, might need to contact the maker
            strange you say 2001 and up,
            and Boscoe says 2001 and earlier.
            that is 2 different directions in years it should fit

Comment

I tried posting a pic of the gauges and the back of the trim gauge but file too big.

Comment

That the description on my receipt.. CC 105-57905 Trim Gauge YAM. 2001&up

Comment

the Pink wire runs through about 4 connectors, could one connector not be making a good connection? The trim was one of the gauges that did work on the VDO Cluster.

Comment

Comment

Comment

so, looks like 2001 is a 2 wire.
                        I am not sure a Yamaha harness from motor to gauges are 24 pin.
                        maybe separate wiring harnesses and not all in one for Yamahas
                        Does the harness have a Yamaha part number on it?

could get confusing trying to deal with all of the wire colors to splice in what is needed without prints to show what goes where
                        Last edited by 99yam40; 04-26-2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

I shot from the hip. Missed. Getting old. Gotta start paying more attention

Comment

So the pink is the correct wire for the signal terminal on the Sierra gauge??

Comment

Maybe this will help.

Comment

Working...
                              X