A question of drive shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question of drive shafts

Can anyone please tell me if there is a difference between 6CE-45501-00-00 drive shaft for F250/300 and 6CE-45501-10-00 drive shaft for F250/300 ? Or are they interchangeable? If not why not?

Originally posted by irrelevant View Post
    if there is a difference between 6CE-45501-00-00 drive shaft for F250/300 and 6CE-45501-10-00 drive shaft for F250/300 ?
    looks like exactly 5 inches of difference

Comment

Got a hack saw?

Comment

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post
        Got a hack saw?
        and a triangular file to make the splines...

Comment

Thank you.
          Long story short.
          I'm in the islands and relying on an idiotic Yamaha dealer/mechanic. I'm responsible for 12 F300's. The nature of the business is we get through lower units. Half the engines are XCA and half are NCA. We remove, rebuild and replace lower units all the time, replacing damaged ones with spares while they're repaired and become spares themselves, swapping around as necessary. It's never been an issue.
          I've had a lower unit with this guy for too long now. He tells me that covid is messing with deliveries of parts which I can understand. He suggested I order the shaft myself and gave me those two numbers saying one was for NCA and one was for XCA and he didn't know what the difference was. That seems to have been answered thank you.
          If I order the 25" there should be no reason why whatever foot it ends up in shouldn't go on either XCA or NCA, correct?

Comment

What Islands? Hawaiian Islands or ???

Is the Yamaha dealer to whom you refer part of the Yamaha USA network of dealers?

An XCA drive shaft is 25" in length.

An NCA drive shaft can be 25" or 30" in length.

If he gives you the part numbers he wants, I would order those part numbers. If he is wrong as to what he needs the burden will be on him.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              What Islands? Hawaiian Islands or ???

Is the Yamaha dealer to whom you refer part of the Yamaha USA network of dealers?

An XCA drive shaft is 25" in length.

An NCA drive shaft can be 25" or 30" in length.

If he gives you the part numbers he wants, I would order those part numbers. If he is wrong as to what he needs the burden will be on him.
              well if he orders the wrong shaft then he stil does not have the right part and will have to pay to ship back, mechanic is not out anything

Comment

What can I say?

Comment

Thanks boscoe99 and everyone else. I believe I have the answers I seek.

Comment

Working...
                  X