Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel problem 70 hp 2 stroke 1998

Hi,

Starts and runs fine till halftrottle, then no fullpower, unless is sqeez the primeball then she picks up and keeps going fulltrottle. Untill trottle down and up i need to sqeez prime ball again. Does this problem sound familair to anyone? Bought new primball and line, same problem..

Thanks for feading

rob

How old is the fuel hose? Could be leaking air into the line. At full throttle the air/gas mix is adequate, but once throttled down, it can't get enough fuel to get back without your help.

After seeing a buddies two year old fuel hose delaminate from its ethanol resistant liner, I replaced mine with copper and flare fittings except for short lengths of 4000 series at the tank and outboard. Now I can replace them every year within 10 minutes and 10 bucks.

While there, I suggest opening the carburetor bowl drain plugs. If you find crud, consider a rebuild.

Comment

after carefully checking for any leaks on the suction side of the pump I would check/replace the pump.
      by manually filling the carb bowls you are simply bypassing the fuel pump.

Comment

Working...
      X