F50TLRC 2004 50 HP 4 stroke stalls after running 10 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F50TLRC 2004 50 HP 4 stroke stalls after running 10 minutes

After returning from recent fishing trip, I ran my outboard to flush it out like I usually do to wash out the saltwater, my engine starts to sputter and stalls out after 10 minutes. Ok, I thought something clogging up from trip. So I let it set a few days and started it again in driveway, and same thing. It ran 10 minutes ok, then sputters and and stalls. I tried again after a few more days and this time runs like a champ, no stalling after running 40 minutes. Getting ready to take it out again tomorrow and tried one more time to make sure, and then it repeats the stall after 10 minutes - sob. It's not been more than 2 years since I replaced fuel pump and less than a year since I did the carb sync. The plugs may be 2 years now but would not think this could be issue. I don't take it out every weekend, but I at least run it in driveway every couple weeks to keep it clear. My Dad said must be related to when engine warms up and makes sense. Any thoughts on this and much obliged for any info.

Thanks, Al

did you try pumping the primer bulb to see if that helped?

you need to find out if the problem is fuel or spark

Comment

Check your fuel tank vent screw....

Comment

Thanks for feedback. I ran it again on driveway with no issue, then decided to take out this weekend and it ran on water with no issue. I'm happy but a little concerned this could repeat, hopefully not on the water, with my wife. I will try, check these things..

Comment

Working...
        X