Yamaha/Mercury Flywheel crossover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha/Mercury Flywheel crossover

Hello there, I just have a quick question for anyone here that might be able to help.

I need a new flywheel for my 2000 yamaha F40ELRY part number 65W-85550-01-00. However Yamaha is backed up and doesnt have stock till June. I live on westcoasrt of canada and i havent tried more then a few different places to see if they have stock in store which im sure they might. But, I found this information in a few places on the web and wanted to try to verify its accuracy as I was hoping to get a deal on the part because status of engine in other respects is in question. I have a good used freshwater 832010T32 mercury flywheel waiting to ship and wanted to make sure it was gonna fit. Does anyone know how to cross reference yamaha/mercury parts of does anyone know if this inforation i got is valid?

Order numbers
    Mercury original: 832010T32
    Aftermarket: PAF25-05180000W

Equal to
    Yamaha: 65W-85550-01-00
    Mercury: 832010T14, 832010A8, 832010T26

Cheers and thanks for the time

well, its a simple fact that the 4-strokes sold in the USA by Mercury and Yamaha
    up until ~2006
    were a "joint venture"
    so one would expect the engine parts
    (not necessarily mid-section and LU) to be interchangeable
    whether sold as spares by Mercury or Yamaha

but is there an "official" database specifically reflecting that cross-reference?
    I'm not aware of one

Comment

Originally posted by Jessebodan36 View Post

Order numbers

Equal to

By order numbers do you mean part numbers?

What is the source of the aftermarket number?

Configuration control man Yamamoto in Japan has the part number cross reference list. He keeps in a vault. He does not speak English.
      Last edited by boscoe99; 04-16-2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessebodan36 View Post
        Hello there, I just have a quick question for anyone here that might be able to help.

I need a new flywheel for my 2000 yamaha F40ELRY part number 65W-85550-01-00. However Yamaha is backed up and doesnt have stock till June. I live on westcoasrt of canada and i havent tried more then a few different places to see if they have stock in store which im sure they might. But, I found this information in a few places on the web and wanted to try to verify its accuracy as I was hoping to get a deal on the part because status of engine in other respects is in question. I have a good used freshwater 832010T32 mercury flywheel waiting to ship and wanted to make sure it was gonna fit. Does anyone know how to cross reference yamaha/mercury parts of does anyone know if this inforation i got is valid?

Order numbers

Equal to

When you say that Yamaha is backed up and does not have stock, are you referring to Yamaha Canada? Reason why I ask is because the company that runs this USA website says they have one in stock. If they don't, Yamaha USA has two of the 65W-85550-01-00 flywheels in stock.

Comment

I have searched until I am blue in the face. I cannot confirm that 832010T32 and 65W-85550-01-00 are one and the same part. They may be. But...

Comment

Thanks boscoe99, yah I assume they meant part number by order number but also kinda flagged me that they might not know what they are talking about. Also no details on aftermarket number, or origin. I just kinda ignored that. Yamaha Canada was my source for the new part, but when I heard the news about the possibility of mercury my mind just went to the idea of a used part after a gentleman at citrus county outboard recycling turned me on to the possibility. Gonna gamble with it for 1/4 the price, the dealer that sold the part will accept a return as I’ve told him my issue. Really appreciate the help with the search, more than I was hoping for, and there is a good chance I will be trying to snap up that USA Yamaha flywheel in a couple weeks if it’s still there. There is this part of me that really thinks it would be kinda somewhat common knowledge and not this difficult to confirm if this was true but here’s to keeping me busy. Looking forward to it I guess as I am shutdown again from covid so here’s to hopefully saving some coin.

cheers and will post results

Comment

Just my curiosity, but what is wrong with your flywheel that it needs to be replaced?

Comment

2 of the 6 magnets broke loose and 1 snapped in half... it caused damage and chips to the other magnets but the stator is intact. I started noticing a metallic dust all in the inside back when it started acting up. I also had the crazy idea to try to order a magnet kit and remove them all then epoxy them in myself but I couldn’t find one and people thought I was nuts. But hey with things the way they are I briefly considered brushing up on my Japanese and calling up Yamamoto if it save me a few hundred bucks so... watashi osoraku kureijidesu

Comment

Another option would be to check into buying a new part from Sierra. They're pretty decent - and for something like this, they would definitely be fine to us. Might end up being the same price as the used name brand.
                  2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
                  1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Motor makers keep their secrets close to their vests.

God forbid someone find out the Walbro part number for a $75 pump that gets rebranded as a Yamaha part number which then sells for hundreds of bucks from Yamaha.

Comment

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post
                      Another option would be to check into buying a new part from Sierra. They're pretty decent - and for something like this, they would definitely be fine to us. Might end up being the same price as the used name brand.
                      does Sierra sell flywheels?
                      never looked before myself

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

does Sierra sell flywheels?
                        never looked before myself
                        I just realized I had "stators" on my mind when I responded, not flywheels. I'm not sure one way or the other about the flywheel.
                        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
                        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Thanks again boscoe99111, crossover part fit beautifully and shes up and running great. Going to be a good summer for sure. So for anybody with the really unique question of is the yamaha flywheel, part 65W-85550-01-00 the same as the mercury flywheel part 832010T32.... you now have an answer, Cheers!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X