Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Yamaha F150 Harmonic Balancer installation procedure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Yamaha F150 Harmonic Balancer installation procedure?

engine.jpg

Hi Everyone, this is my first post. Thank you for the add. I had the classic Harmonic Balancer failure , thank goodness it was after 15 years on my 2006 F150. I have replaced the oil pump and removed all the gear debris from the engine and oil system paths and have the engine reassembled back to the point that I am ready to install the new balancer. I read the service manual instructions on using the keyway on the crankshaft to verify that the crank is in the proper position before installing the balancer, but I am HOPING there is another way that I can confirm that the crank is in the proper position without removing the flywheel assembly to see the keyway. Is there something I can look for in the crankcase opening where the harmonic balancer will reside, that will clue me in to where the keyway is located? I guess better stated, is there another HB installation procedure that gives instruction or images that in a less invasive way, shows the crankshaft orientation needed at the time of HB installation? I see in the photo where the position markers were located when I removed the HB, and I have not turned the crank. Should I be able to simply place the new HB in the same marker position (looks exactly as the service manual indicates anyway) and install? Or is there something else I need to verify on the engine first?

I'm a shade tree mechanic working on my own engine, so please forgive me if my technical jargain isnt very technical.. Just trying to get to an answer that doesnt require removing the flywheel assembly.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jackofalltrades; 04-09-2021, 10:29 AM.

See if this any help

https://www.docdroid.net/UqSCPMw/f15...ace-pdf#page=2

Comment

Fairdeal, you are AWESOME. That's what i've been looking for. I could not find the right words in a google search to make anything like that come up. Even used those same words and it didn't come up. If you ever come to Southeast Texas look me up. Ill buy you lunch.

THANK YOU.

Mike East
      Bridge City, Texas.

Comment

Glad I could help; good luck with the install.

Comment

Working...
        X