No announcement yet.

yamaha 70 no spark on #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual should give a minimum peak voltage spec, so measuring with a regular meter will not give you something to compare to spec.
    but the charge coil gives the voltage to all 3 ,so if 2 are firing then the 3rd should also

"doesn't want to rev up even with the prime start lever at the control but if you open the carbs buy pushing the linkage that connects the carbs it will rev up and i can see all 3 spraying fuel mix.

what does prime start lever at control mean?
    fast idle lever maybe?

if you are not having the motor in gear on the water while opening the carbs then there is no load on the motor so reving up means nothing at all.
    it does not even need all cylinders firing to rev in neutral
    does the timing linkage and lever under the flywheel move when you put the motor in gear and advance the throttle?
    what about when you move the carb linkage by hand as you were talking about?
    Last edited by 99yam40; 04-14-2021, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      Manual should give a minimum peak voltage spec, so measuring with a regular meter will not give you something to compare to spec.
      but the charge coil gives the voltage to all 3 ,so if 2 are firing then the 3rd should also

"doesn't want to rev up even with the prime start lever at the control but if you open the carbs buy pushing the linkage that connects the carbs it will rev up and i can see all 3 spraying fuel mix.

fast idle lever maybe?

if you are not having the motor in gear on the water while opening the carbs then there is no load on the motor so reving up means nothing at all.
      does the timing linkage and lever under the flywheel move when you put the motor in gear and advance the throttle?

So if the boat is in the water and in gear it wont go past idle without bogging down. If you put it in gear and manually open the carbs the boat will start accelerating but still stumbles almost like its misfiring. It is still in the shop but i will definitely let you guys know outcome as soon as i find out. Thanks again for the wealth of input!

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

fast idle lever maybe?

Update, mechanic took it to run it on the water and it wouldn't even pull the boat off the trailer. He is doing a compression test this week and looking at the reed valves pending the outcome. He said it was louder than it had sounded before.

Also i cant remember if had had mentioned this before but the last time i took the airbox off the front of the carbs there was gas/oil mix in the bottom 2 chambers. Could this be blow back from failed reed valves?

Comment

Working...
        X