04 HPDI 225 won't turn over after hitting stump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 HPDI 225 won't turn over after hitting stump

I was running about 2200 rpm when I hit what I am guessing was a stump underwater my motor died and will not turn over now. Stater kicks up to the flywheel but the motor will not turn over. Is it possible that something in the lower unit is hung up and not letting the motor turn over or do I have engine damage?

drop the lower unit off of the motor to see if that allows the motor to turn

Comment

With the engine in neutral, see if it really is in neutral. You should be able to spin the prop by hand very freely in both directions.

Edit: If it spins freely, try turning over the engine with the plugs out. And, at this point, don't let the engine start.
      Last edited by DennisG01; 03-24-2021, 01:06 PM.
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

It will spin in neutral but not in forward or reverse. I am taking it to a mechanic on Saturday. I have already found a lower unit and a power head I'm just hoping that it's just the lower unit. I know I can drop the lower unit and see if the motor will turn over I just really didn't want to mess with it since I have made an insurance claim on it already.

Comment

Working...
        X