VST pressure regulator Issue ??? T60 LB 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VST pressure regulator Issue ??? T60 LB 2016

Hi long time reader first time poster here. Looking for help diagnosing what I believe to be a fuel pressure issue. Here is some background info. 2016 60HP Yamaha T60LB about 800 hours. Engine will run completely fine at low and high RMPS 25% of the time. The remaining 75% of the time it will start up run fine for 10-20 mins stall and not restart unless the primer bulb is pumped. If primer bulb is pumped continuously once engine starts engine will stay running but runs rough like its starving for fuel. I've replaced the low pressure fuel pump and ran off an auxiliary tank same issue. Side note if you don't pump the bulb and wait 15-40 mins the engine will start and run fine. Also it seems the issue is more prevelent on warmer days. Before I tear apart the VST should I start with the Pressure Regulator? Or what is an easy way to see if I'm losing pressure somewhere else. Also took boat to a certified Yamaha mechanic and he could not diagnose. Said all I needed was new spark plugs lol $500 bucks to say I don't have a problem. I asked him if he checked the VST pressure and he said he did and that was not the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

monitoring rail pressure and spark to all plugs while the problem shows up would be a good idea.
    but if you have not cleaned of replaced the screens in VST or injectors, you could try that

Comment

Ok thank you. I'll order tonight and try that and report back.

Comment

Working...
      X