Power trim seal replacement - easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power trim seal replacement - easy

I have been trying to make a tool to remove the trim caps on my yamaha 90 for the past couple of weeks. Living in Zimbabwe we do not have access to such spe******ed tooling I have only seen on the Internet. After much disappointment in my various methods and self engineered tools not working, I came up with a great simple idea that could help many frustrated home mechanics. After draining the fluid and turning the screw into manual lift position etc.etc. & pushing down on the two outer trim rods, I attached a screw bit to my drill and drilled a pozi drive wood screw into the seal, once it was through the seal popped straight out! I then slid the new seal over the trim rod and gently tapped it into place with a 17mm socket and hammer. Done and dusted in a couple of minutes.
    Be careful not to damage the aluminium cap and try to screw as close as possible to the stainless steel rod. After searching the Internet for weeks and seeing the frustrations on various forums, I had to share this as its so easy and simple.

I thought those outer ones were just scrapers, the true seals were down inside

Comment

Working...
    X