Power tilt/trim conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power tilt/trim conversion

I'm looking at possibly adding a power tilt/trim unit to my 1990 Enduro 60 (Model E60ELD) that currently has just a tilt assist hydraulic cylinder.
    I realize that it doesn't have a switch or the proper solenoids/relays and that I would have to add those.
    I've attached photos of my current bracket/trim set up and it clearly looks like it could accept a power tilt/trim unit. My question is does it have to be a unit from 1988-1991 or are those just marketed as such because they are 3 wire vs 2 wire motors and all of the Yamaha 3 ram style power tilt/trim units for 60-90HP are all the same fit right into the 2000's? P/N: 6H1-43800.......

And if so if anyone is looking to sell a decent condition used power tilt/trim please let me know!

Thanks.

5wf9uhl.jpg?3.jpg

VBcMx0O.jpg?2.jpg
    Last edited by TightLinesy; 03-22-2021, 08:54 PM.

I might be easier to add a standalone tilt setup. Check out Panther marine. You'll also get slightly better performance since the engine is setback a bit from the transom.
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Hey Dennis thanks for the reply.
      I've seen the Panther as well as the CMC I'm not really looking to go that route.
      I don't necessarily care about how easy it is or not I'm more than willing to pull the motor off the boat and do the appropriate wiring.
      It's a 60hp on a 16 foot Lund so it's got plenty of performance.
      Just looking to see if anyone has ever added the 3 ram style Yamaha tilt units to their motors/brackets before and if they all are compatible even into the newer years for the 2-strokes.
      Especially seeing as my current brackets definitely look like they are set up to receive the Yamaha tilt unit assy.
      Thanks again

Comment

Sure, I was just thinking that by "easier" I also meant less expensive

I can't say if the 3-ram setup would fit, but if you go to the Yamaha link at the top of the page, and look at the diagrams for your motor, you might be able to find whether it was an option, or not. If you look into newer years and see it available, if the bracket (and associated) part numbers are the same between yours and the newer ones, then it should work.

Comment

I'm in Canada and that's the thing those Panther and CMC units would have me easily into the $1200+ range.
          If I can find a good used yamaha tilt/trim unit for a reasonable price (maybe that doesn't exist?) I could outfit my motor for considerably less than that.
          I've done some pretty good scouring of the parts diagrams the problems are 1. Enduro's never came with power tilt/trim as an option and 2. It seems as the years go on, the dash numbers of the parts started changing, which doesn't help me try and figure out if the actual unit itself will bolt up to my bracket and then it's up to me to figure out the associated wiring which is fine. (3wire vs 2wire etc etc)
          More or less just trying to see if anyone has ever bolted up a "newer" 3 ram (possibly 2 wire) tilt unit to their older early 1990's bracket on a 60-90HP yamaha (compatibility) and if anyone has one for sale haha.

Comment

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "dash" number doesn't really make a difference in this scenario. Meaning, I "think" all it means is that it is a newer version of the same part, but the new version is a direct replacement for the older one. Does your model share bracket parts (same bracket number) with another model that DID have power tilt?

Check around at marine salvage yards - you might find an engine with, for example, a blown powerhead and the parts are being sold off.

Comment

Working...
            X